- (Mar-Apr 2022) Service Learning | GEOG4016 & GEOG4065
- (Oct 2021) HKBU x Hong Chi Association “Little Energy Scientists” Project | GEOG3007 Service Learning
- (29 July 2021) New: Research Impact Fund-supported (RIF) Internal Research Conversation Workshop on Smart Low-carbon Communities Project in Hong Kong on 2nd July 2021.
- (13 April 2021) The Hong Kong x Foshan x Seoul Online Workshop – Women and Low-carbon energy community.
- (10 April 2021) Solar Workshop in Sai Kung.
- (9 March 2021) The Hong Kong x Foshan x Seoul Online Sharing Workshop – Women and Low-carbon energy community.
- (1 February 2021) Smart Energy Transitions Workshop 2021.
- (26 January 2021) Dr. Daphne Mah and four colleagues from the Department of Geography received a HK$4 Million Research Grant Council’s Research Impact Fund for a Novel, Interdisciplinary Study on the Role of Big Data Analytics in Promoting Smart Low-carbon Cities
- (9 March 2021) The Hong Kong x Foshan x Seoul Online Sharing Workshop – Women and Low-carbon energy community
- (1 February 2021) Smart Energy Transitions Workshop 2021
Featured Research Projects
SEE 智慧能源舍區 Project website ｜(News on HKBU)
Featured Knowledge Exchange
Hong Kong Solar Schools Workshop
About the Centre: Our Mission and Plans
The Asian Energy Studies Centre (AESC) (renamed in September 2014; previously the Hong Kong Energy Studies Centre) is a university-supported Category-II research centre based in the Faculty of Social Sciences at Hong Kong Baptist University. The AESC aims to be an internationally recognised hub for sustainable energy studies on the Asian region. We are committed to pursuing excellence in academic research in the areas of sustainable energy, with particular focus from the perspectives of governance in the Asian context. We promote informed energy decision-making and improve energy policies in this region, including Hong Kong, by creating new knowledge, providing practical policy recommendations, promoting knowledge exchange, and facilitating stakeholder engagement. We undertake interdisciplinary collaborative research projects, organize academic workshops, public seminars and other engagement events.
香港浸會大學亞洲能源研究中心 (Asian Energy Studies Centre) 成立於2014年 (前身為早於1998年成立的“香港能源研究中心”)，是社會科學院轄下的研究中心。亞洲能源研究中心以成為亞太區公認的可持續能源研究中心為宗旨，致力從管治角度分析及著眼研究亞洲區的可持續能源發展。透過進行跨學科的研究項目、組織學術研討會及公共研討會，和參與其他學術活動，我們致力創造新知識、提供切實可行的政策建議、促進知識交流，及促進相關持份者的參與來推動和改善能源政策。
Governing Principles of the Centre
Independence: We conduct independent studies with the support of diverse funding sources.
Transparency: We strive to promote transparency of our Centre by
(1) disclosing information of our funding sources as much as possible; and
(2) disseminating our research outputs as widely as possible through our working paper series and project websites.
Photography, Video and Voice-Recording Disclaimer
Our staff will take photos of as well as video and audio-record the various sessions of the events. These records will be used for research, information dissemination and other relevant uses at a later point in time. If you have any concerns, questions, or objections, please talk to our staff at the events or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021-2024 RIF project SEE智慧能源舍區
(Visit SEE website by clicking)
PPR Solar Community Guidebook
Hong Kong Solar Map
Journal of Asian Energy Studies (JAES)
Learn more about AESC
AESC 2018-2019 Annual Report
Hong Kong Baptist University respects the privacy of personal data and is committed to complying with the requirements of the applicable laws including the Personal Data Ordinance and the Data Protection Principles contained in it. (Click here for details)